Queen's University

the show   |   school & community bookings  |   summer camp   |   about us   |  contact us

History

The Barefoot Players is Queen's University School of Drama & Music's theatre troupe for young audiences. Made possible by the Queen's Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP), the Barefoot Players gain valuable workplace experience creating, touring, and performing theatre for young audiences between the months of May and August each year.

Past shows include adaptations of local folk tales and of Shakespearean works MacbethThe TempestTwelfth NightA Midsummer Night's Dream and As You Like It. The company also runs a theatre day camp, bringing theatre education and fun to local children for two weeks every summer. Find out more about our 2018 season by clicking here!

General Inquiries & Bookings

Email us at: barefoot.players@queensu.ca

The Barefoot Players

Maureen: Salutations, I’m Maureen! This is my first summer as a Barefoot Player and I’m excited to explore SCIENCE. This summer, you can spot me dancing, singing and playing games outside! My favourite type of science is chemistry. I love using the scientific method to create experiments with my friends. What kind of experiments do you want to try?

Dhanish: Hi everybody! My name is Dhanish and I'm a brand new Barefoot Player this year. I'm so excited to learn more about science with you! What's your favourite science fact? In the summer I love going out on road trips and looking at the stars. Do you like space? Come tell me what your favourite planet is, I can't wait to see you all this summer at the show!

Evan: Hey, hey, hey! I'm Evan and I'm a returning Barefoot Player from last summer. Just like last summer, you can catch me dancing around and playing my guitar throughout the show! My favourite type of science is environmental sciences where you can learn about nature and how it works like the water cycle or photosynthesis. Besides acting, playing guitar, and science, I also love listening to all sorts of new music, running, and trying out smoothie recipes at home. Can't wait to see ya at the show!

Carrie: Hey! My name's Carrie, and I'm very excited for my first summer as a Barefoot Player! Let's go on a scientific adventure together and see what we can discover! When I'm not with the barefoot Players, I love to go to the beach, sing along to the radio with my friends, and try out new recipes in the kitchen! What's your favourite thing to cook? See you at the show!

Past Shows

The Barefoot Players have been performing for young audiences for over 10 years! Take a look at some of our past players and performances!

2017: Toques and Tales!

Toques and Tales!, 2017

2016: Once Upon a Forest Fable!

Once Upon a Forest Fable!, 2016

2015: All The Stage is a World

All The Stage is a World, 2015

2014: Dream a Little Dream

Dream a Little Dream, 2014

2013: Play On!

Play On!, 2013

2012: Teapost in a Tempest

Teapost in a Tempest, 2012