The Dan School of Drama and Music is committed to developing and maintaining an inclusive and respectful workplace and community that support students, staff and faculty in all spaces including the classroom, office, rehearsal and performance spaces.
We will not tolerate conduct that is meant to undermine the dignity or self-esteem of an individual, or which creates a hostile environment. Harassment may be obvious but more frequently takes the form of subtle actions. Remember that by looking out for each other, we can tackle uncomfortable situations when they arise.
Students and faculty must speak up against harassment and stand together in addressing problems when they arise. Together we will make our production workspaces and classrooms respectful spaces.
If you experience or witness unwelcome behavior that cannot be resolved directly in a safe manner you can contact*:
- A member of the Dan School DSC, or to the faculty or staff person with whom you are most comfortable.
- The Dan School Equity Representative and Chair of the Equity, Inclusive and Diversity Committee: Dr. Julia Brook (DanSchool.EquityRep@queensu.ca)
- The Queen’s University Equity and Human Rights Offices firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-533-2563
*Your privacy and confidentiality will be protected to the extent possible.
Other Resources and Information:
- Queen’s University Interim Workplace Harassment & Discrimination Policy http://www.queensu.ca/humanresources/policies/workplace-issues/interim-workplace-harassment-discrimination-policy
- Not in Our Space: https://pact.ca/initiatives/not-in-our-space/
- The Human Rights Office: www.queensu.ca/humanrights/
- The Equity Office at Queen’s: www.queensu.ca/equity/
- Office of the Ombudsman: www.queensu.ca/ombudsman/contacts
- Student Wellness Services: www.queensu.ca/studentwellness
Queen's University Student Code of Conduct: https://www.queensu.ca/secretariat/.../StudentCodeOfConduct.pdf