DRAM 500/6.0 Senior Project
An independent advanced project in any area of the basic curriculum, supervised and evaluated by faculty.
NOTE: In addition to the prerequisites indicated below, the School may require a grade of A- in any DRAM course relevant to the subject of study.
PREREQUISITE: Level 4 and (registration in a DRAM Major or Medial Plan) and (a GPA of 3.50 in DRAM) and permission of the School.
DEADLINE: May 3, 2021
HOW TO APPLY: Students who wish to undertake a directed special study course must email a completed application form (found on the Academic Forms section of the Dan School FORMS page), a written proposal, and a current copy of their Academic Transcript to Katherine Peter: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are encouraged to contact the Chair of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) with any questions: email@example.com
Students will be notified of the decision by email.
The application must include:
1) A written proposal containing:
- Title of the project
- Short summary of the project (1 paragraph)
- Project outline that includes:
i) context of the project
ii) qualifications of the student to undertake this project
iii) objectives that the project intends to pursue
iv) methodology of the project
- Preliminary reading list
- List of assignments/tasks and a detailed assessment scheme
- Outline of planned contact hours involved in the project
- Estimate of student work hours involved in the project
- Date of completion of the project if it falls outside those stipulated for the Fall/Winter terms in the University Calendar
- Statement about whether or not your project requires Ethics Review and approval, e.g., do you intend to use research tools such as interview, observation, or survey or any other involvement of human participants?
2) A current copy of your Academic Transcript.
1. Approval of any projects is conditional upon prerequisites, available space, scheduling, and resources.
2. The APC may, in consultation with the student and supervisor(s) involved, propose modifications to the project. If it appears advisable or helpful, the APC may require a meeting with the students and/or supervisor.
3. The APC may stipulate the conditions that must be met by the student before proceeding with the project.
4. A student may undertake a project during any academic term.
5. No budgetary resources will be provided in support of these courses.
6. APC’s written approval is necessary before a student may enroll in DRAM-500 Senior Project.
7. Once received by the Academic Program Manager, your application and proposal will be emailed to your Faculty Supervisor, the Chair of Undergraduate Studies, and the Academic Planning Committee (APC) for approval.