Queen's University Logo

Financial Assistance

The federal and provincial/territorial governments provide needs-based student financial assistance programs (including loans and non-repayable grants) to Canadian citizens, permanent residents and protected persons.  Needs-based means your student financial assistance is determined based on a formula comparing your educational costs to expected contributions from your parents/spouse (if applicable) and your own income and assets.  The loans are interest free while you are enrolled in full-time studies.

Students apply for government student financial assistance through the province/territory they reside in, not the province where you will be attending university.  Visit the Student Awards website for links to the government student financial assistance website for each province and territory in Canada.